Building technical consultative selling capability
CQMS Razer is a global IP, engineering, software, and manufacturing company, delivering innovative Productivity Technology to large surface mining operations around the world. They operate globally covering most major mining regions and work in an environment with long sales cycles, multiple relationship touch points, and high value solutions. They have an international team of Business Development Managers who need to be able to build collaborative relationships with a range of mining executives and managers. Demonstrating strategic differentiation and value are critical to success.
We have designed and delivered practical sales development programmes which have helped to build the technical consultative selling capabilities of the Business Development Managers and their leaders. The focus has been on the processes and skills to enable them to:
- Gain a deep understanding of stakeholder motivators and needs
- Present persuasively, specifically to senior mining executives
- Build trusted advisor relationships.
We also worked with each Business Development Manager, in conjunction with their people leader to build their development plan.
These programmes have contributed to the following business outcomes:
- Transferable consultative selling processes that can be applied in any business development scenario
- A better understanding of what needs to be done to win business consistently and cost effectively
- An increased ability to see new possibilities and find creative ways to influence and overcome roadblocks
- CQMS Razer have increased share to become the market leader in the large Australia market, and have grown internationally to become the clear number two player globally with 30% of their global market.
Rosemary, Sandy and Hugo from Hume Learning have worked with our international BDM’s and leaders over the last four years to build their technical consultative selling capabilities. They have an ability to quickly build rapport with the team and create a pragmatic learning environment in which people are open to being challenged and can explore different ways of doing things. They take the time to understand our strategic direction and needs so the coaching is relevant. Their use of practical tools and internationally proven methodologies ensures credibility. Their initiatives have contributed to us building more collaborative relationships with key mining clients globally.
Chief Executive Officer, CQMS Razer Pty Ltd